Scheduling a Full System Backup on AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling a Full System Backup on AS400

The ONLY way to "SCHEDULE" a full system backup short of using a tool like Help/systems Robot/Save is this(as far as I know): Note, this will LOCK your system console, assuming you have a twinax connected console. GO SAVE (signed on as QSECOFR) at the console. option 21 Look for the parameter: Start Time Put in the time you want the save to start. This will lock the console and will start the backup at that time. good luck.

Does anyone know if it is possible to schedule A Full System backup on the As400 running V5R2? If so I need the directions. I have attempted to use the Job scheduler and the Savsys command, but this does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mdennis.

Comment

Just thought of this. I used to have a v5r2 machine that did not have a twinax controller on it. the console connection was "performed" via a PC that had ops console installed on it and was connected via the "management port" on the back of the iSeries and through the serial port on the PC, I think. That was the only purpose of that pc. I never tried the above technique but I do not think it be any different. If you are connnected via opscon, and you are successful, please post for those who would like to know. Mainly me!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X