Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

A simple twinax connection is needed. You will need to connect a twinax controller to the main communications port and connect a dumb terminal that uses port 0. This is where the console usually is connected. You should be able to find hardware information either on IBM's site or somewhere on the net.

Help!

Thanks for the info.....is the twinax a cable with a metal connector on the end? Any way to know which ports I am looking at? I can't see anything on the back of the 400 that would take a terminal...I am assuming the twin ax connects to the monitor, and then to the controller (or adapter)?

Comment

Help!

Yes....when you look at the end it has 2 connection (like your cable connection with 2 wires). The controller has a big box at the end with 7 female connectors on it. The other end connects to the AS/400. You should be able to find a connection that matches the end (best way to start)

Comment

Help!

Hi all, I am fairly new to the hardware side. Just found an old AS/400 9402-200 in my storage room. Can anyone recommend a workstation to use, and how to connect it? I know this is pretty elementary stuff to you all, but any help is greatly appreciated......I am looking to have a dedicated workstation...just to play around for development......

Comment

Help!

No.. the big question...let's say there are no logons/passwords for this puppy.....any back door to the sign on screen?

Comment

Working...
          X