Encryption on AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encryption on AS/400

IBM sell the IBM Cryptographic Access Provider (5722-AC3) software. In V5R3 you can use SQL functions to encrypt/decrypt the data. So when you say cost effective I think the simplicity of the developer interface could be a significant cost effective solution. You can check out the article Kent Milligan Article Safeguarding sensitive data with DB2 UDB encryption on the capabilities. You'll see there are some limitations with this function, that depending on your securtity/audit requirements.

Encryption on AS/400

Chris, Lack of encyption of the SEED/PASSWORD looks to be the limitation. It looks like you would still need to write that yourself.

Comment

Encryption on AS/400

I've written an SQLRPGLE program that encrypts decrypts credit card information using SQL statements. You must be at V5R3 for this to work. I can send a copy of the code if you are interested. JoAnn infosys2@amm.org

Comment

Encryption on AS/400

Hi All, Could anyone please tell me what are the tools available for data encryption on AS/400. We require some cost effective softwares available in the market. Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Sujatha

Comment

Encryption on AS/400

I am working on encryption with RPG/400 and on V5R2. Do you have any working program and can quide meto complete this program.

Comment

Working...
          X