Field colours in a subfile in a window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field colours in a subfile in a window

It would help if you could post what it is that is "not working" What exactly happens when
      [*] 31 n32 n33[*]n31 32 n33[*]n31 n32 33[*]n31 n32 n33[*] 31 32 n33[*]n31 32 33[*] 31 n32 33[*] 31 32 33[/list]Dave

Hi Dave All the lines stay green. All I'm trying to do is display the relevant status of a record in a different colour on a search pop-up window. i.e. if the record is active-yellow, if deleted-red. Theoretically simple Regards Kit
    Code

Comment

Have you tried setting on the SFLNXTCHG keyword with each write? Dave

Comment

Do you have a PUTOVR in the display file? Joe

Comment

is it possible that two or more indicators are *on at the same time, and negate each other? also, are you certain the indicators are on when you WRITE EACH record and are then turned off before the next WRITE op? -Sarge

Comment

First... thanks for the replies all. Dave.. no - haven't tried, will try. Joe... no - should I? none of my others have it but i haven't set them for colour yet but want to. There are about 10 search pgms so far each with a different file and fields. Sarge... no - the RPG code above is the only time the ind's are used in the pgm. Regards Kit

Comment

I do use colour in another subfile DSPF, but: 1. it is not in a window 2. it does not use SFLCHCCTL 3. it does not have SFLSNGCHC(*RSTCSR) 4. it only has 1 colour per field regards Kit

Comment

Nope, don't use it if you don't need it. PUTOVR was a great feature in the days of slow connection speeds, but it's probably overkill these days. PUTOVR sometimes caused the symptoms you are seeing, but since you don't use it don't worry about it. Joe

Comment

I believe I may have found the problem... to cut a long story short... I started changing my DSPF's to use INDARA. However, the program has not been changed to cater for this. The DSPF indicator area then is not set for the colours. sidebar... I have noticed some strange when using INDARA with certain other keywords. Regards Kit

Comment

Hi all, I'm battling to get the colours working in the above/below scenario. Colours work on other files when not in the above combination. Is this normal or am I just not the sharpest knife in the drawer? I've pasted the relevant DSPF formats. (and if anyone tells me I shouldn't be using indacators in display files, I'm gonna smack them ) Regards Kit
                    Code

Comment

I know you got it with the INDARA keyword, but another way to pull it off with less hassle (IMHO) is to use program to system field for these things. I have several programs where I do that, instead of using multiple indicators (which, by the way, I also do - no smacking!)
                      Code

Comment

Working...
                      X