IPL a device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL a device

On command line key STRSST and press enter. System Service Tools will start. Do the following: 1. Select option 1 - Start a service tool 2. Select option 7 - Hardware service manager 3. Select option 2 - Logical hardware resources, etc 4. Select the required resource ( in this case most likely option 1 5. On the desired IOP Opt enter 6 - I/O Debug 6. Then enter 4 - IPL I/O processor I highly recommend you first talk to your CE prior to doing an IOP IPL. Normally this kind of IOP boot doesn't affect anything but what is connected to the I/O processor but I would make sure all connections are shut down first.

IPL a device

We had a problem with our NIC cards and our Ethernet lines went down. So we ended up doing an IPL and that restarted the NICs and varied on the lines. We downloaded a PTF to fix this problem and it recommends a vary off of the card and an IPL of the IOP. I have no idea how to do this - anybody??

Comment

IPL a device

Thanks builder - If only I could get into SST.....

Comment

IPL a device

john martin wrote: > We had a problem with our NIC cards and our Ethernet lines went down. > So we ended up doing an IPL and that restarted the NICs and varied on > the lines. We downloaded a PTF to fix this problem and it recommends > a vary off of the card and an IPL of the IOP. I have no idea how to > do this - anybody?? I could try a couple of guesses, but it might just be easier to do a complete system IPL. Bill

Comment

Working...
        X