V5R3 and Officevision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5R3 and Officevision

I can tell you this much...when we upgraded from V4R5 to V5R3, we were also told that Office Vision was gone, however, my reseller advised me that the O/S level Office Vision commands would be aroung until V5R4 at which point they were being wiped out completely. I haven't upgraded to V5R4 yet nor do I know anyone who has so I cannot verify this for you.

V5R3 and Officevision

I am trying to move my OV400 environment accross from V4R5 to V5R3, primarily to retain access to Calendaring functionality and the historical info we have in there plus a few resource tuype calendars we use. I see from various posts that there are many references to the STROFC command not working. Do you know if there isan alternative to the "STROFC 1" command?

Comment

V5R3 and Officevision

Do you know now? I have a customer that wants to goto V5R4 and still uses PRTDOC and few other commands. Did IBM really make the commands go away in V5R4?

Comment

V5R3 and Officevision

...Don't know if they are still there. We chickened out and did our migration from V4R5 only to V5R3. In terms of our OV/400, and particylatly Calendaring enviroment, we really chickened out, and moved that data to an old V4R5 box, and just use it for the calandaring application, (with seamless PASSTHRU from our newer box.) Works OK. However, usage will shortly cease anyway as we've re-written certain applications to use Exchange instead.

Comment

V5R3 and Officevision

As we all know that OV/400 is not supported starting from V5R1. But one of my customer is using OV400 first at V5R1 and then V5R2. They are simply using CRTDOC,EDTDOC and PRTDOC commands. The EDTDOC is also working on V5R3 but when you save the document, the program ends with an internal error. Does anyone use EDTDOC and/or PRTDOC commands with V5R3 ? Thank you.

Comment

V5R3 and Officevision

We have been on V5R4 since October. All three commands still exist but EDTDOC and CRTDOC generate errors just trying to prompt them. Sorry, don't have any docs to execute PRTDOC. QDLS is not threadsafe - IBM is pretty clear about not using it on this release. I don't recommend trying it either because Netserver has issues with mapped drives to QDLS and root IFS directories at the same time.

Comment

Working...
            X