Migrate 820 to 520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrate 820 to 520

175G - Data/Application Program source/object libs, IFS files, user profiles and security data. 20 gig tape drive (8mm) 3.5 hours. Only thing I would recommend is do not put anything in qgpl. Good Luck

Migrate 820 to 520

I recommend lots of test migrations. We performed 6 test migrations before the live cutover just to be totally sure about the process. You should be able to do it with your eyes closed after 6 test runs.

Comment

Migrate 820 to 520

It has been many years since restoring a system from tape, but I did notice something unusual on the last one. Depending on the amount of memory the machine has, change the QMCHPOOL system value by giving it as much memory as you can but not all of it. I was suprise when the restore of approx. 200gig took only approx. 2 hours and it was all there!! By the way, we are about the migrate from an 820 to a 520 and I plan to do the same thing once more.

Comment

Migrate 820 to 520

We are considering migrating from our 820 to the 520. We have about 300G of DASD to transfer and I am hearing figures in the range of 10 to 12 hours to do so. I am interested in hearing what others have experienced with similar situations. Also are there other issues that I should be concerned about with regard to hardware or software that doesn't come over clean.

Comment

Working...
        X