how to change a faulty hard disk in as400 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change a faulty hard disk in as400 system

are you saying that you want to change it yourself? know it has been a while since i looked into the guts of the system, but i remember having IBM change the drives because they could "pump" the information on the drive to the new drive...in most cases. perhaps things have changed in the three years i was away, what with the newer RAID and such, but it still sounds like a chore. -sarge

Hello, this is a simple matter of going into SST and "telling the system" you are going to remove the drive (you will have to know which one is failing), then telling the system it is replaced. This assumes your drives are RAID protected. If you have maintenance through IBM, call hardware support and they will lead you right through it. Just make sure you have a profile that can sign in to the System Service Tools through the STRSST command. Even if you don't, IBM can guide you through that process as well! Good luck, once you have done this you will be amazed at how simple it is!

Comment

did not realise that IBM had made it simple enough to do this. of course, i have only ever had to replace on drive, and it was a platter on a old B20 model. -sarge

Comment

have a faulty hardisk to change in as400 530 machine the type is 6607 3GB , how to change the faulty hard disk.

Comment

tq man

Comment

Working...
          X