V5R3 issue with excel error SQ20226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5R3 issue with excel error SQ20226

GEORGE WILLMOTT wrote: > Since upgrading to 5.3 on a 520 several ODBC/EXCEL issues have arisen > , we are using the latest Client Access and have the latest CUM > loaded . > The error we are getting is > > iSeries Access ODBC driver (DB2 UDB)SQ20226 - The maximum number of > stacked diagnostic areas has been reached. George, I'm going to have to assume that your hardware problems are not related to your ODBC problems, otherwise it'd be foolhardy to try and get a solution. In a case like this where you are on the latest service pack, I'd remove it and install the prior one. Bill

Bill hardware issue now resolved. Cant remove SP , its our first one for 5.3 George

Comment

GEORGE WILLMOTT wrote: George, > hardware issue now resolved. Cant remove SP , its our first one > for 5.3 You -can- remove an SP unless you specifically said to not allow it's removal during the software installation on the PC. Have you checked in Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs to see if the service pack is listed there for removal? Here is the history of Service Packs for the different releases: http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve...ess/sphist.htm Bill

Comment

Since upgrading to 5.3 on a 520 several ODBC/EXCEL issues have arisen , we are using the latest Client Access and have the latest CUM loaded . The error we are getting is iSeries Access ODBC driver (DB2 UDB)SQ20226 - The maximum number of stacked diagnostic areas has been reached. Any thoughts welcome We have a second unrelated issue - we are trailing ( 70 day grace period) 5722ip1 (IBM Info printer server ) to produce PDF files , can any one offer simple guidelines , using the following command CRTAFPDTA FROMSPLF(QPEZDISK) JOB(667072/QSECOFR/PRTDSKINF) FORMDF(*SPLF) I get the following error ------- Spooled file Printer device type not acceptable. Just a warning about our upgrade - it went well until day 2 when the machine with out any warning performed 2 unattended IPLs , IBMs answer replace 'the mother board' , this took 2 hours of down time . Rochester still dont have an answer . I would be interested if any other upgrade from an 820 to 520 had the same problems. Cheers George

Comment

Working...
        X