Chinese Charater input/display on AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Charater input/display on AS400

You will need to turn on the Double-Byte character set feature, and install the various chinese language features. There should be no extra charge, but consider the following: V4R3 is no longer supported. If you do not have your original support media, you may have to upgrade to a supported release to obtain all of the features you require. Dave

Thanks for enlightment. If we are not going to upgrade our OS. Is there any alternative? Michael

Comment

If you have all of your original media for V4R3 there should not be a problem. Dave

Comment

You meant I can turn on DBCS feature on my English version V4R3, right? How to do that? What do you mean I have to install other Chinese language features also ? What are they? How? We have the original V4R3 media. Thanks Michael

Comment

You start with GO LICPGM and pressing ENTER. From this menu, you can display, work with, and install licensed programs. Check out the product codes for the basic products you need to install. Once the products have been installed you will probably have to IPL. Dave

Comment

I am thinking to input & store Chinese Info into AS400 database. Does anyone know what is the requirement on AS400 & Emulation software? BTW, we are running OS V4R3 and using CA400 for Win95/NT to access AS400. Thanks Michael

Comment

Hi Michael: If you have not already done so, you would need to double-byte enable the application that is entering/displaying/controlling the data. Otherwise you will not be able to enter DB characters. DB characters are surrounded by shift-out/shift-in characters (that tell OS/400 when single byte characters end and double byte characters begin and vice versa). To DB enable properly is not trivial - for example, you should also take into account truncation - if you display/print the first (say) 15 bytes of a 30 byte field, and there is a shift-out in the first 15 bytes and a shift-in in the last 30, the shift in is lost and the display/report corrupted.

Comment

Working...
              X