520 Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 520 Woes

Robin, While upgrading from a 720 to an 820 a few years ago we had exactly the same problem. Took them about 40 hours to figure out it was the planer board, we were down 48 hours. Last year we upgraded to a 520 without incident and it's been running fine for about a year. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Robin D. Keller"[list=1] wrote in message news:6b337b5f.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Spring of last we upgraded from a 720 to one of the new 520's. It has been > a nighmare. Now after many service calls, parts swap, PTF installs we have > a new "planer" board. Anyone else having problems? > > R. D. Keller > Boddie Noell Enterprises > rdkeller@boddienoell.com > Rocky Mount NC

520 Woes

Spring of last we upgraded from a 720 to one of the new 520's. It has been a nighmare. Now after many service calls, parts swap, PTF installs we have a new "planer" board. Anyone else having problems? R. D. Keller Boddie Noell Enterprises rdkeller@boddienoell.com Rocky Mount NC

Comment

520 Woes

At the company I worked for prior to my current position, we upgraded from a 620 to a brand new 520. It was the first of the i5 models. We had numerous problems with the tape drive (LTO2) and had to have it replaces at least 3 times. Add to that the numerous PTF's we had to install and you have a recipe for a very trying upgrade.

Comment

Working...
      X