Creating a command using a Validity Checking Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a command using a Validity Checking Program

I created a quick test command which seems to work as expected (see code below). I used a source type of CLLE for the CL's and debugged using STRDBG rather than STRISDB...
    Code

Creating a command using a Validity Checking Program

I have created a command that uses a validity checking program (VCP) to change the value on one of the parms to an acceptable value. The command runs just fine when I execute it with debug, however, it fails to replace the parm when I run it interactively without using STRISDB. The parm in question is the 4th parm in the command out of a total of 7. Parms 4 through 7 are conditioned using the PMTCTL keyword, which is based on the 3rd parm. The 3rd parm can only have a value of "Y" or "N". If it is "Y", only 5th parm is to appear; if it is "N", then parms 4, 6, and 7 are to appear. I also noticed something unusual when running debug. The validity checking program is run twice before control is passed to the command processing program (CPP). I am to the point where I may need to abandon the command and replace it with new code, but I would very much like to know what is causing the issue, as I would like to use the concept in the future as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am including the command code and the compilation command.
    Code

Comment

Working...
    X