Error CPF3285 - Damage found on file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error CPF3285 - Damage found on file

A file could be damaged due to physical disk damage. Schedule a time (you need a dedicated system), and run RCLSTG from the console. I recommend doing this ASAP, as there may be more problems, that are currently hidden, but will not be hidden for much longer. Dave

David having run RCLSTG with 22000 objects being placed in lib QRCL , what can I do with these objects and how do I find their true name. Cheers George

Comment

There should have been a report that came at the end of RCLSTG. The objects may be orphans. That is objects that are not a part of any library. This is not a normal occurance, and as such, these objects would not be accessed under any condition, and may be deleted. If the objects are damaged objects, use DSPOBJD on a few. That may determine the origin. In either case 22,000 is just about the largest number of objects in QRCL that I can recall (as a result of RCLSTG). You may have a bad area on one or more of your disks. I suggest calling your service provider. Disk diagnostics utilities may be run. Are you missing any normal objects after the RCLSTG run? If not, it may be safe to clear QRCL. Dave

Comment

Also, there is a file that is still damaged, unless RCLSTG somehow resolved the problem. A list of damaged objects from DSPOBJD will be necessary at some point, or does RCLSTG provide that list, Dave? Oh, I see the original problem occurred July 5, so damaged objects has probably already been dealt with. rd

Comment

David cheched out disks they are ok. the main type of object is QRCL000005 *USRSPC 4096 Old name LPR_SPACE in *N owned by NDL. Do you know what this is ? Cheers George

Comment

Before I attempt to answer. . . . . Do you have a user profile NDL on your system? Dave

Comment

Dave I have already checked several of the files and all the users who owned the objects are still here. In fact some of the objects were owned by QSECOFR QSYS and QPGMR. Cheers George

Comment

We recently had a power surge(including the UPS) which took the iSeries down. When trying a backup on a file later on the file did not get saved because the file was damaged error code CPF3285. These days of caching etc how is it possible for a file to get damaged . Any ideas Cheers George

Comment

It would appear that the one object you have listed is a temporary user space created by the system when a spool file is being directed to a remote printer. It would appear that these files are being lost in transit, or remain after a temporary library is removed. It is probably safe to delete them, but before you do, you should use a utility to check the contents of the user space. Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X