Microsoft Computing: Finding the iSeries "Hotbeds" in the Lower 48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Computing: Finding the iSeries "Hotbeds" in the Lower 48

** This thread discusses the article: Microsoft Computing: Finding the iSeries "Hotbeds" in the Lower 48 **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Microsoft Computing: Finding the iSeries "Hotbeds" in the Lower 48 **

** This thread discusses the article: Microsoft Computing: Finding the iSeries "Hotbeds" in the Lower 48 **
    I was totally stunned to learn from the article on iSeries "hotbeds" that those hotbeds seem to be concentrated in the high population areas. Duh-uh. It appears that Mr. Singleton did not read all of the writer's request "(think jobs)." I live in one of the dark green areas implying a "hotbed" and, while there may be plenty of iSeries occupying the area, there are virtually no iSeries jobs available. Nada, zippo, zilch. Despite my "favorable" location, were I ever to leave my iSeries position, I would at best wind up working in a PC environment or -- more likely -- in a field completely outside of computers. A masters' degree and 17 years of experience doesn't get you a cup of coffee when there are no jobs available. I'm sorry to be so harsh, Mr. Singleton. The mappoint is certainly an interesting tool but I don't feel it has addressed the actual request. Bluefish123

Comment

An excellent well-written article. Does Mappoint provide a method of using data via ODBC? Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave! I don't think Mappoint can pull data in via ODBC, at least not directly. CSV works, though, as mentioned in the article. Regards, Brian

Comment

Working...
        X