Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP.NET to iSeries Socket Server

** This thread discusses the article: ASP.NET to iSeries Socket Server **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: ASP.NET to iSeries Socket Server **

ASP.NET to iSeries Socket Server

HELLO SIR I AM RAJNISH FROM INDIA NOW I AM DOING CHEATING APPLICATION IN ASP.NET. SO WANT A CODING AND MATERIAL OF SOCKET IN ASP.NET CAN U HALP ME? BY

Comment

Hi Mr Faust What I have done is : 1) SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(SKTSERVER)) 2) typed in http://localhost/sockclient.aspx in the IE (already changed "hostadd = System.Net.IPAddress.Parse("10.230.21.2")" to our AS400 IP) It seems like I got error message in the IE. (Please refer attachment) The error seems like at line " Dim sock As New System.Net.Sockets.Socket(Net.Sockets.AddressFamil y.InterNetwork, _ Net.Sockets.SocketType.Stream,Net.Sockets.Protocol Type.Tcp)" So.. Need some help... Are there any other examples for ASP with socket rather than ASP.NET? Thanks and regards Araman[file name=6b207a6c_untitled.GIF size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6b207a6c_untitled.GIF[/file]

Comment

Araman, The error mentioned indicates to me that the server is assuming that the script code supplied is Javascript or JScript instead of VisualBasic. Make sure that the first line contaings the Language="VisualBasic" as shown in the article. If that doesn't work, insert this line into the line containing the statement

Comment

Thanks Mr Faust I manage to make the error message disappear. But when I try to click the button, it seems like nothing happens. Do I need to put "form action="filename.asp" method="post""? I don't see that in your code. Or, do I need to set something? Probably the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration in my Control Panel? I did submit the SKTSERVER to run on background and see that port 2834 is listening by issuing NETSTAT. regards

Comment

So you're not receiving any response at all? Is the browser window refreshing? This example doesn't require the action or method modifiers because the form is defined with the RUNAT="SERVER" modifier. This identifies that all of the objects within the form are managed server side. When the submit button is click, the server side routine GetUserName is called.

Comment

No sir... No response at all. The windows is not refreshing. Only if I typed in the user profile and then press "Enter", the profile will disappear. I don't think that is supposed to be the response. Maybe I give you the sockclient.aspx that I have edited (Please refer attachment). Probably you can test it at your side (Just change the IP address, right?). If it is okey at your side, then probably it's something to do with my .NET Framework PC setting Regards[file name=6b209864_sockclient.aspx size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6b209864_sockclient.aspx[/file]

Comment

Working...
              X