iSeries PF with Microsoft Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries PF with Microsoft Access

Hi Diane, I think there are several ways to do this, depending upon your requirements. As an experiment, you might try creating a new access database with 2 linked tables in it - one linked to the table on the web server and the other linked to the table on the iSeries. It's been a long time since I've done this, but you should be able to get data from one linked table to the other by a copy/paste or through creating an append query or something like that. Another more simple way to do it would be to Export the table to the iSeries. Just highlight the table, select File...Export, then in the "Save As Type" drop down, choose ODBC Database and select your iSeries DSN. IIRC, the new file gets put in the default library for the user profile you use to sign on to ODBC. HTH, Brian

Our web server has an Access table that I want to transfer to the iSeries. I found an article that helped me create a link from an Access table to my physical file - worked great for testing. The web server MSAccess table will not link to the iSeries, instead I have a "work table", steps are as follows: 1) web table copies to work table, 2) work table copies to "email" MSACCESS database that includes the "linked table". Problem is that I can't seem to copy my "email" table into the existing "linked table", instead the copy makes another table in the email database. What am I missing?? Any MSACCESS suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Brian, I played with the linking from the web server to the work table, but I don't think it would work for me. I'll keep working on that, as well as your other suggestion. Also, if you know of any material or websites that would help me while working with MSACCESS and iSeries data, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your suggestions! Diane

Comment

Working...
      X