mail merge works for one user but not the other user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mail merge works for one user but not the other user

On the PC that is not merging, try reconfiguring the ODBC driver for iSeries Access. Dave

dbizon wrote: > Can anyone tell me if User TWO has to upgrade their version of MS WORD > in order to run the mail merge process or should I look elsewhere > for the problem ?? As David suggests, your problem is likely in the ODBC section. The error message you are getting is actually pretty accurate in this case - it can't find it spelled as it was on the original document. If PC 2 does have an ODBC data source already defined to access the data, you should be presented with the opportunity to point to that source when you get the error. You should also be given the opportunity to create a new data source to use if the appropriate one does not pre-exist. At least that's what happens here when this scenario develops. Bill

Comment

I think that this problem involves MS WORD. I've set up a mail merge process on our AS400 mainframe computer for our users to create and print labels and envelopes. The documents and files are on the IFS, so that the users can access them. User ONE can run the process okay. The User TWO gets a MS WORD message that states "the data source cannot be located". User ONE has the following WORD version and product on their computer: WORD 2002 (10.2627.2625) Product ID: 54186-640-0708222-17637 User TWO has the following WORD version and product on their computer: WORD 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP-2 Product ID: 54186-640-0708222-17309 Can anyone tell me if User TWO has to upgrade their version of MS WORD in order to run the mail merge process or should I look elsewhere for the problem ?? Thank You Very Much.

Comment

First, ensure that ODBC is setup on both (all) PC that will use the mail merge. If that doesn't resolve the problem, may I suggest a work around. Create an MS Access database that links to the AS/400 tables. Use the MS Access database in the Mail Merge.

Comment

Working...
        X