DOWNLOADING FROM AS400 TO EXCEL - CONVERSION PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOWNLOADING FROM AS400 TO EXCEL - CONVERSION PROBLEM

Do you actually have a negative sign in your number? Is the number otherwise stored as either a zoned or packed signed number on the AS/400? What method are you using to download to excel? Dave

Actually its a spooled file I "copy spool file to database" and then downloading via FTP or Client Access Express.

Comment

Anything in your spooled file is treated as text, unless you have some parsing method that you haven't Mentioned. I'm surprised your entire report doesn't all go into column "A" Dave

Comment

When downloading file to excel the negative figures (eg 4215.45-) are not converted as negative, so I have to manually change the signs around... IS THERE ANY QUICK FIX TO THIS PROBLEM....? Does Excel recognise that negative sign at the back of a value means its a negative figure? Thank you.

Comment

I realised that. I think all did not get into one colum because I start excel first then open the file via excel, and it give me options to split into columns etc.. Anyway, I solve that problem using other method. I am running a query to a file and I transfer that file into excel via client access. But the problem is: the values come out okay but the characters are in Hexidecimal format or something. I tried different file details but with no success.

Comment

Working...
          X