AS400 to .MDB table refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 to .MDB table refresh

I don't know that there's any way to directly update the Access Database from the 400. Your best bet would be to create a VB program that would handle the update and call that program from the 400 using RUNRMTCMD.

Need a solution. Some Background first. I have created a MS Access 2000 application(App.) that interfaces to the AS400 via IBMDA400. The AS400 is a E45 OS400 V3R2 maxed out at 80% usage. To enable quick Customer searches across 50,000 Customer records, I have a copy of the Customer file as a table in the MS Access App. Updates to customer records apply to both the AS400 Customer PF and MS Access Customer Table. Any updates made via the Traditional RPG AS400 Apps. are not known about in my MS Access App. Customer table. So I refresh the AS400 Customer database interactively via some MS Access VB code. But, what I would like to do ideally, is schedule this refresh from within the AS400 after hours. The MS Access .MDB resides on a seperate NT server, which does not( and will not) have MS Access on it. We do not intend a have a PC's MS Scheduler perform the task either! The Question!!! If possible, how can an AS400 scheduled batch job update the MS Access table on the NT server. I need a solution that can gain access the MS Access table but not initiate MS Access? Please help.

Comment

You might try creating a link table in your Access Data base to the AS/400 File instead of maintaining a copy. Using a Link Table provides real time data to your Access App. This means when ever an AS/400 program updates the table on the AS/400 the updated data is immediately a available to your Access App. If you need detailed info on how to create a link table in Access, drop me an email at: gladbag@charter.net.

Comment

Working...
      X