Warning: Undefined array key 183882 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601
Excel date field to AS400 - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excel date field to AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel date field to AS400

It's actually a Lillian date. Good luck. Dave

Lee McDowell wrote: > I have an Excel file created by PeachTree with a date column. How do > I upload to the AS/400 without the date field being converted to that > julian-like number? Lee, Here's an example showing converting to and from a lillian date: http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.../msg00494.html Bill

Comment

Thanks for the replies, however here is what I have learned so far. I had never heard the term Lilian Date before, so I started my search at that point. IBM has an API (CEEDATE) that gives you the number of days after the Lilian Day, 10/14/1582, which aparently is the date the Gregorian calendar started. This looked promising, I could upload my Excel file and just convert the date. Unfortunately, the Lilian-like number used by Excel is actually tne number of days since 01/01/1900. Well, back to my research. If anyone has a suggestion, I would like to hear it.

Comment

I have an Excel file created by PeachTree with a date column. How do I upload to the AS/400 without the date field being converted to that julian-like number?

Comment

Lee McDowell wrote: > Thanks for the replies, however here is what I have learned so far. I > had never heard the term Lilian Date before, so I started my search > at that point. IBM has an API (CEEDATE) that gives you the number of > days after the Lilian Day, 10/14/1582, which aparently is the date > the Gregorian calendar started. This looked promising, I could upload > my Excel file and just convert the date. Unfortunately, the > Lilian-like number used by Excel is actually tne number of days since > 01/01/1900. Well, back to my research. If anyone has a suggestion, I > would like to hear it. Lee, It's just a bit more difficult. You just have to determine the difference in the number of days between 10/14/1582 and 01/01/1900 and add the result to the number coming in from Excel. Bill

Comment

I am using client access to create a spreadsheet from an AS400 file. Although a date field is defined as alpha in AS400 DDS specs, the field is populated as dd/mm/yy in the AS400 file. When the spreadsheet is created using client access, the field does not come across as text. I need the field to be text when uploading to another vendor's

Comment

The issue is not with the AS/400, but rather with Excel. If there are only numbers in a column, the excel assumes that the column should be numeric.

You will have to highlight the entire column, and right-click. Select "Format Cells" and then select "Text". This should solve your problem.

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X