IBM RUNRMTCMD using COPY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM RUNRMTCMD using COPY

Having scowered the web, a small comment from a 2004 document about IBM and Network drives indicated that the use of the Drive Letter was not supported, and that it was necessary to detail the UNC Reference in the form \ServerNameShareName was needed. I eventually found the ServerName, and then realised it is indicated prior to the Network Drive Letter when I use My Computer and look at the Network Drive Panel, and the Sharename is that specified as the Path - eg Root, so for me to get to Directory Trans in the Root Directory on Server ABCD, which was mapped as H:, I actually had to specify \ABCDRootTrans. Once this was done, it worked fine.

IBM RUNRMTCMD using COPY

I am trying to get RUNRMTCMD running with Windows XP. I can get the likes of Dir and CD working without a problem, but as soon as I use the likes of copy I find it just hangs. I then have to kill the CMD.EXE job, and start again. Ultimately I am trying to call the Gear Pro CD/DVD writer program and create a CD of a mapped drive - but trying to get the basics working first. I am finding just on the XP machine that it seems to work, but as soon as I use RUNRMTCMD it hangs - any input gratefully received.

Comment

IBM RUNRMTCMD using COPY

Hello Anthony, If you are still not completely satisfied with your solution, perhaps you would be interested in ours. The iSeries PC-Engine is an incredibly simple OS/400 command interface to all Windows applications, functions and files. And it's inexpensive too: $295 for all products in the iSeries PC-Engine line, which includes the iSeries PC-Engine, iSeries PC-Engine Spool to PDF, iSeries PC-Engine Google Interface, iSeries PC-Engine for Google Earth, iSeries PC-Engine UPS Package Tracker and iSeries PC-Engine Yahoo! Maps. You can try a full-function demo, if you are interested, by clicking on this link: http://www.turbogorilla-software.com

Comment

Working...
      X