Problem Exporting Data from Access to a text file to AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Exporting Data from Access to a text file to AS400

I have a little problem that I have no idea how to solve. Have a column defined in Access database called Discount Amount. Following is a description of how this column is defined: Data Type = Number Field Size = Double Format = Standard Decimals = 2 Actually each cell contains a value that 5 decimal positions but really is showing 2 using rounding. When I export this column to a text file does not bring all decimal positions. It only brings two decimals positions. That is causing me differences in the amount (rounding) For example: Value stored Value Display Value Exported Discount Amt 646.57747 646.58 646.57 Is there a way that it will be consitent, showing the same number with same decimal positions? All 5 decimal positions Thanks! Mayra Camejo

Problem Exporting Data from Access to a text file to AS400

mayra camejo wrote: > Actually each cell contains a value that 5 decimal positions but > really is showing 2 using rounding. > > When I export this column to a text file does not bring all decimal > positions. It only brings two decimals positions. That is causing me > differences in the amount (rounding) > > For example: > Value stored Value Display Value Exported > Discount Amt 646.57747 646.58 646.57 > > Is there a way that it will be consitent, showing the same number > with same decimal positions? All 5 decimal positions Mayra, Can you possibly use an intermediate field to hold the rounded value, then export this new field instead of the original? Bill

Comment

Working...
    X