PC slowdown when displaying images in Windows Explorer XP OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC slowdown when displaying images in Windows Explorer XP OS

Windows has a folder setting to cache images. I don't know about others experience, but I had to set it to not cache images because the folder would display the first twenty or so, lockup, and refuse to display images and then crash explorer. Once I changed the setting, it worked fine.

do you mean the 'Do not cache thumbnails' under Folder Options--View? Could you tell me what settings you have under View & General?.

Comment

Having a problem with PC (XP OS) becoming slower & slower as folders of images are displayed in Windows Explorer. CL program on the iSeries uses the STRPCO command to 'start' folder. rtlpth is a directory name on the iSeries400 as \qmma400img1036852020060912_219. CL code below
      Code

Comment

I have 'Use Windows classic folders', 'Open each folder in the same window', and 'Double-click to open an item (single-click to select)'. The thumbnail setting is set to 'Do not cache thumbnails'. As I said before, when it was caching, the folder would become unresponsive, and eventually cause explorer to crash. My pc dual boots with Linux, and it had no issue opening any image or the folder, so there were no damaged objects to cause it to crash, and once I changed the cache setting, there were no more freezes and crashing. It was not an issue of file size, or number of files, as some of my files in other folders were fairly large, and other folders had more files. The only difference was those folders did not cache thumbnails.

Comment

Working...
        X