10 Questions Every Interviewer Should Ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Questions Every Interviewer Should Ask

** This thread discusses the article: 10 Questions Every Interviewer Should Ask **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: 10 Questions Every Interviewer Should Ask0

** This thread discusses the article: 10 Questions Every Interviewer Should Ask **
    It's questions like these that get the wrong people for the job.

Comment

Michael, Your article about 10 questions to ask was very enjoyable and insightful. I consider the single most important part of my job is the hiring of the right people. As a manager, I am tasked with getting work done through others and I must have the right staff in place in order to get things done. Interviewing is also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. I've had extensive training in the hiring of people so I look forward to the interview process. Unfortunately, we have little turnover so I don't get to do it very often. That's a testament to using many of the interviewing processes that you suggest in the article. As you suggest, most of the questions that need to be asked in a technical interview have very little to do with the technical skills of the interviewee. The interview must find out as much about the candidate's personality as possible. It's the personality that makes a candidate successful. Skills I can enhance, personality I can't do anything about. Getting the wrong person in position can destroy an I.T. team. Thanks for the article, keep more coming! chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer, except in this case!

Comment

kings2 said: "It's questions like these that get the wrong people for the job." How many people have you hired? How long have they stayed? I think the questions are spot on! chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

> It's questions like these that get the wrong people for the job. Just out of curiosity, why do you feel that way? Which questions in particular struck you as poor choices? I'm apparently not a great communicator, so I apologise in advance if my post seems offensive - I certainly don't intend it to be! --buck

Comment

Working...
          X