TechTip: Education Opportunities from the iSeries Application Initiative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Education Opportunities from the iSeries Application Initiative

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Education Opportunities from the iSeries Application Initiative **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Education Opportunities from the iSeries Application Initiative **

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Education Opportunities from the iSeries Application Initiative **
    Joe, Let me start by saying that I have been reading your articles for years and have always enjoyed them. That includes this one. However, it seems so typical of IBM to have this program in place and no one knows about it. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions and assuming that I am "well informed" and yet I hadn't heard of the program. But we'll set that aside for the moment. Its always the same story with IBM and the I-Series (or AS/400 for us die hards), they have an incredibly versatile product with a loyal following but they just continue to shoot themselves in the foot regarding getting the word out. Just once I'd like to feel like the system that I've worked on for the last 17 years isn't the obscure ancient behemoth that all the uninformed masses think it is. ok, I'm done venting now. ;-) Great article and good info. Jeff

Comment

How do iSeries technical people from non-ISV companies avail this education? Let us know..

Comment

Jeff, you're right. IBM is no good at getting this information out. I have no idea why. But I guess that's my (to quote Steve Martin) "special purpose": to get the word out. I promise that over the coming months I'll continue to talk about this and other IBM programs. Stay tuned here and I'll keep you up to date. Also, you can find me ranting in the OMNI User Group newsletter once a month -- I get to be a little less politically correct there . And later this year, I'm going to get the IAAI website back up and running (well, it's been running, but I haven't had time for it). So while IBM may not be doing a great job of advertising these programs, MCPress and yours truly will continue to bring you the word. Joe

Comment

Antonio, ANYBODY can get this education, it's just a bit on the expensive side. Each class is about $1000. But that's not bad if it's the education you need. For example, there's a class on Portal. I will be taking that class; I'll report back here on what I thought of it. Joe

Comment

Working...
          X