No announcement yet.

Should You Hurry Up or Should You Wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should You Hurry Up or Should You Wait?

** This thread discusses the article: Should You Hurry Up or Should You Wait? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Should You Hurry Up or Should You Wait? **

** This thread discusses the article: Should You Hurry Up or Should You Wait? **
    You jusr described garden variety passive agressive behavior. It exists because management allows it to. While you can change your behavior, you can not change the behavior of another without providing sufficient motivation. This motivation will not be supplied unless the corporate culture supports it. Rather than ask, plead, beg, or reason with offenders, some of whom get off on being company-sanctioned obstacles, the only thing you can do is try to get ahead of the situation. Avoid situations that will probably fail. Avoid people who undermine your efforts, no matter how 'helpful' the appear on the surface. Use your head and become nontraditional when necessary. If this is a top down problem then don't expect help from management. You will seem like a whiner. Document your work, do your best, hope things work out, but be prepared for failure. If failure comes, the people above you will be on a search for scapegoats. Do not provide long and windy explanations, no matter how factual. They don't care. Unless you were specifically set up as the person to take the fall for an unpopular project, a pass-the-buck approach might get you off the hook.

Comment

As the previous poster said, sometimes the corporate culture supports "Wait and Hurry Up". I find myself often in the position of knowing that we are considering implementing something that will require programming effort on my part, but the decision to proceed is frequently delayed to the last moment, or important information needed to proceed is withheld until that last moment. Although it hurts my overall productivity, I've found it necessary (or, at least, useful), to start work on these types of projects, so that I can complete them when due. With the missing information scenario, I may provide more options or flexibility than would have been needed had all the decisions been made up front.

Comment

Working...
      X