AS/400's in Jacksoville Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400's in Jacksoville Florida

Go to http://www.dice.com and search on Jacksonville Area codes, using 400 i-series as keywords. There are other similar sites. Dave

Jacksonville is a nice place, I have been here about 24 years, and there are a lot of AS/400 shops. There are jobs available here for skilled IT workers and if you loose one it should not take to long to get another. We used to have a pretty active users group but that has withered. However, there are other users groups in the area that are very active, .Net, Linux. etc. Howard

Comment

I am considering accepting an AS/400 position in Jacksonville Florida. This would require me to relocate from the Midwest. Can I get any feedback regarding the number of AS/400 shops in the Jacksonville area? I just want to make sure that once I get there, other opportunities would be available to me if it did not work out.

Comment

A couple of years ago when I decided to move South of the border due to pathetic Canadian market, the best offers came from Jacksonville and Tampa. Initially I was not happy moving so far south because I was looking for a position close to Canada i.e. Detroit, Seattle, or New York. Even after I moved, I still getting calls. I became an active member of DEBUG (Tampa Bay User Group) and went to an ASNA-VRPG seminar in Orlando. I found this area to be a hotspot for iSeries. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
        X