Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior AS400 RPG Admin/Programmer, Los Angeles, CA

I am curious as to the confluence of two points in this post:
    1. Junior- that is a person of little experience, and expecting a lower salary, and
    2. Administrator- A person of considerable experience, the ability to handle various facets of a job, and expecting just compensation for doing so.
    Dave

Junior AS400 RPG Admin/Programmer, Los Angeles, CA

In response to Dave; Do you have a question ?

Comment

Manufacturing company with corporate office located on the Westside of LA is looking for an AS400 Admin/Programmer with approximately 2 years experience. Primary role will be admin of AS400, OS400 upgrade, apply PTFs, hardware config, disaster recovery. Candidate should be familiar with Client Access Express, PC to AS400 connectivity. Moderate programming tasks would include maintenance of report programs, print file layouts. Should be able to create simple queries. Position is ideal for AS400 person with operations background who would like to get into programming. No visa sponsorship is offered and no relocation is offered. Compensation will depend on experience.

Comment

Jimmy, I think Dave's question was self evident! Dave, Here's another mine field, I found in a help wanted job description by some recruiter: 1. Set up system configurations, new users, and menus for AS400 and PRMS. 2. Evaluate and install P. T. F’s (OS400 and CA PRMS). 3. Maintains records of all computer equipment by location/department. 4. Based on the specifications, will program the modifications or writes new module, as need be and then tests. 5. Set Up PC equipment for new or transferred users. 6. Loads software of PCs and Laptops. 7. Observes all equipment for faulty symptoms, notifies supervisor for non-correctable problems and records problems and actions taken. 8. Assists users in systems utilization: answering questions, and working out any user difficulties within the hardware or software. 9. Maintains records of all computer equipment by location/department. 10. Look after and maintain LAN/WAN Servers I guess "maintaining the records" is pretty important, as they listed it twice. This job was also listed as "junior" or "entry level". The only other time I saw a body do that much juggling, was at the circus. You would have to be Bozo to take it on.

Comment

Working...
        X