X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

David Abramowitz wrote: > Wow, you guys are sure putting a lot of negative interpretation > behind one section of that posting. There could be many reasons why > relocation isn't paid for; and to then extrapolate that to a likely > wage level is uncalled for. > > I think you should read my posts more carefully. I did not say > anything negative. I also think you should re-read the original post. > I did not state that "reloaction will not be paid", it stated "local > candidates only". You agreed with a negative interpretation: >> They're actually saying they will not pay moving expenses, and probably below >> average on the pay scale. Just my opinion. > You are more than likely correct. Bill

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

Wow, you guys are sure putting a lot of negative interpretation behind one section of that posting. There could be many reasons why relocation isn't paid for; and to then extrapolate that to a likely wage level is uncalled for. I think you should read my posts more carefully. I did not say anything negative. I also think you should re-read the original post. I did not state that "reloaction will not be paid", it stated "local candidates only". While one may be interpreted to mean the other, I preferred to look at the post at face value i.e. without interpretation. My only original comments were to question the use of a large audience for a small target. I went on to say that other venues may be more appropriate. Dave

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

>> They're actually saying they will not pay moving expenses, and >> probably below average on the pay scale. Just my opinion > > You are more than likely correct. > > But why not just say so? Why deliberately limit your selection of > candidates with the wording that was used? Wow, you guys are sure putting a lot of negative interpretation behind one section of that posting. There could be many reasons why relocation isn't paid for; and to then extrapolate that to a likely wage level is uncalled for. Bill

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

Point taken!

Leave a comment:

• GlenKerner
    Guest replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

The locals know what the pay scale is like. Outsiders don't and will shy away. Since when did you see an "AD" for a programmer that was straight to the point and completely factual?

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

They're actually saying they will not pay moving expenses, and probably below average on the pay scale. Just my opinion You are more than likely correct. But why not just say so? Why deliberately limit your selection of candidates with the wording that was used? Dave

Leave a comment:

• GlenKerner
    Guest replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

They are saying that they will not pay relocation or travel expenses. I'm wondering who wants to go to West L.A. I've lived in L.A. (for 10 years) and I'm glad I escaped. As for pay, my experience is that L.A. companies pay competitive salaries. When I took my first job in L.A. I got a 5 figure raise (was living in Las Vegas at the time). I give credit for looking wherever you can to find what you need. When I was in L.A. recruiters called constantly. I started not responding to them. This way he will get his message out to an individual or individuals that like to keep up on what is happening in the iSeries world. Smart move in my book. Just my humble opinion

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

They're actually saying they will not pay moving expenses, and probably below average on the pay scale. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

Nothing wrong with Jimmy Kerr's post from my point of view. I didn't say that there was anything wrong. I just thought that local advertising would be more appropriate for something that is strictly local. Dave

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    AS400 Programmer/Analyst

David, As a manager myself, I would consider myself less than thorough if, when looking for personnel, I didn't post openings everywhere a potential candidate might see it. There are a lot of us in the L.A. area that participate in these forums and I think the post for a local candidate is appropriate. Nothing wrong with Jimmy Kerr's post from my point of view. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "David Abramowitz" wrote in message news:6ae526f6.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Only local candidates will be considered | | I see this in postings a great deal. | | I'm certainly no expert in the field of recruitment, but I can't help wonder why a posting would be made on an international forum when only local talent need apply? It seems to me, that there would be venues more suitable. | | Dave

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    started a topic AS400 Programmer/Analyst

AS400 Programmer/Analyst

Only local candidates will be considered I see this in postings a great deal. I'm certainly no expert in the field of recruitment, but I can't help wonder why a posting would be made on an international forum when only local talent need apply? It seems to me, that there would be venues more suitable. Dave
Working...
X