Sr. RPG in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sr. RPG in Houston

What is life cycle development methodology?

Sr. RPG in Houston

Back in a previous life we used these techniques, Gene. They're sort of the opposite of RAD development. Instead, you have a rigorous life cycle of analysis, design, coding, unit testing and system testing. Programs moved along strict paths from one stage to another, with deliverables at each step. You could even automated the tracking of this environment, and you could create some incredibly complex and beautiful graphs showing progress. Done properly, it was a great way to handle a large, traditional development project, where there weren't a lot of questions, just a lot of work. It was less successful in bleeding edge environments where a lot of prototyping needed to be done in order to figure out how to get pieces integrated. Thus, the life cycle is great for, say, a traditional green-screen ERP application, and less so for a client/server application whose final user interface options have yet to be determined. Joe

Comment

Sr. RPG in Houston

Doug White wrote: > We are looking for top level RPGIV analyst programmers in downtown > Houston for life cycle development. 15+ years RPGIII and IV, ILE > experience preferred also need strong CL and SQL knowledge. Wow! I've never seen something like 15+ years preferred, usually 5+. Are there any programmers that have stayed as programmers and not moved into a management position with 15+ years of RPG? Bill

Comment

Sr. RPG in Houston

We are looking for top level RPGIV analyst programmers in downtown Houston for life cycle development. 15+ years RPGIII and IV, ILE experience preferred also need strong CL and SQL knowledge. Knowledge of Life cycle development methodologies would be a plus. Need excellent communication skills and the ability to perform analysis and development from project conception to implementation. email: dwhite400@earthlink.net

Comment

Sr. RPG in Houston

Bill, Well, here's one. I started on the System/36 back in 1983 and was on the 34 for a year or two before that. I have bounced back and forth between managing a S/36 or AS/400 and being a senior RPG developer. Right now I am off of the platform, and wish I was back on it!!! The grass ISN'T greener on the other side. If this job was in Northern NJ, I'd jump at it real fast. Doug.

Comment

Sr. RPG in Houston

All of my AS/400 programming staff fits that profile. One has been at this company for over 17 years! Only 1 less than 5 years. In fact, at one place I worked every programmer had tried management and decided it wasn't for them. I had 6 ex-managers on my programming staff. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bill" wrote in message news:8E6A41E74BA2F39735840B1AAD8991D8@in.WebX.Wawy ahGHajS... | Doug White wrote: | > We are looking for top level RPGIV analyst programmers in downtown | > Houston for life cycle development. 15+ years RPGIII and IV, ILE | > experience preferred also need strong CL and SQL knowledge. | | Wow! I've never seen something like 15+ years preferred, usually 5+. | | Are there any programmers that have stayed as programmers and not moved | into a management position with 15+ years of RPG? | | Bill | |

Comment

Working...
            X