AS/400 & RPG Programmer Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 & RPG Programmer Need

I certainly understand this - "someone who is extremely fluent in Japanese". However, I think it is dangerous to say - "would prefer a Japanese Citizen". This seems discriminatory. Just my 2¢! Joe

OK, I have to throw my two cents in. I have worked for a Japanese company and for a Vietnamese company. Neither time did I EVER feel COMPLETELY comfortable. They have a TOTALLY different view of life. While they always respected Amercian culture, their culture and "way of life" is different to ours. I can understand the company wanting someone who can "speak" the language. With that (usually) comes an understanding of the culture. I certainly would want to hire an "one of my own kind" if I were in their shoes. As I have read here numerous times, sometimes skill level is not as important as the ability to "fit in". just my opinion. And yes I agree with Joe. That "could" be viewed as discriminatory. But I really doubt that anyone would ever challenge it.

Comment

I interviewed one time at a Japanese company. I got the same impression as Bentley.

Comment

Thanks Doug, At least I now know that it wasn't just me.

Comment

Likewise, Bentley. Thanks!

Comment

I have a client in Atlanta, GA that is looking for an AS/400 programmer with RPG experience. The company is Japanese and would prefer a Japanese Citizen or someone who is extremely fluent in Japanese. Salary will be based on experience in the $70,000-$80,000 range, plus relocation. If interested, please contact: Mike Vaughan Apple Berry Enterprises, LLC Toll Free 888-A.SAP-Job, that's 888-272-7562

Comment

IANAL but, the post is most probably illegal. BTW, my current client is a Japanese company. I report to the President of the company who is Japanese. I have a long term relationship with this firm, and they have always had the intelligence never to word anything in such a fashion. Also BTW, my knowledge of the Japanese language is very poor, but I have managed to learn a few of the "bad" words. Dave

Comment

Working...
              X