Over 15 Years - AS/400, RPG, EDI, JDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 15 Years - AS/400, RPG, EDI, JDE

Hello, Any jobs out there? I was recently laid off about a month ago. Looking for work. I reside in Fort Lauderdale Florida, but willing to travel/relocate. Most of my experience is green-screen, EDI, JDE World (not One World), RPG-all versions, and of course CL programming! I have performed in the capacity of programmer/analyst, senior EDI analyst, business analyst, project lead, technical lead, senior programmer/analyst, and project manager. Prefer permanent employment, but I am currently available for part-time, temporary, contract, contract-to-perm. Thank You! James

Re:Over 15 Years - AS/400, RPG, EDI, JDE

Resume is Attached. Thanks, James McClure [file name=James_McClure_Resume-6512516c470dbeceab970907cdf67b9d.doc size=37376]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/James_McClure_Resume-6512516c470dbeceab970907cdf67b9d.doc[/file]

Comment

It's easy to say don't get discouraged, but it remains good advice. What with the economy, and existing legislation (1706, H1-B, L-1, take your pick) making it next to impossible to find anything, and the profession itself turning into a commodity, and the prospects turning into the commode a job search is the last thing anyone would want to be a necessity. However, there are spots available. Try Datafrenzy.com, DICE.com, and nettemps.com, and every other search resource. Just keep trying. Dave

Comment

Hey Thanks Dave, for the encouragement and that information. Things will eventually swing back up, it's just the wave is very slow right now. Wish I knew more JAVA, Web, XML, etc... but seems like there are ads perhaps (people and companies getting resumes and profiles), but then waiting to hire or start projects. James

Comment

James - First of all Good Luck with the job hunt... Go and register with Linkedin.com (if your not already there) it's kind of professional social network where you display an online resume/CV. Lots of "the-artist-formerly-known-as-the-AS400" recruiters and some useful contacts for jobs ranging from contract to permanent. I have got some really useful contacts from Linkedin, it's free and might help you http://www.linkedin.com

Comment

Working...
          X