AS/400 Technical Support / Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 Technical Support / Administrator

Keith, I hope things work out. The outsource thing happened to me too and now I am in a better position than before. Hang in there. Lots of people I know have gone through the exact same thing. Your BRMS skills should be a big selling point. Scott

Hello Scott, Thanks for your comments and confidence. I also support Lakeview Mimix as well, I should have noted that above, but I wanted to put just enough that if someone wanted to know more they would ask. I just, don't know how else to say this.. Love my job so much, the people I work with, its a darn shame our team is going to get broke up. Keith

Comment

Keith, I can't believe some of the old posts that are still here. I have a need for someone like you in Southern California, near Anaheim and another about 50 miles north of San Francisco. I specialize in the IBM System i5-iSeries market and have for 30 years. I don't know what your current situation is or salary, but these jobs a generally paying $85 - $95,000. Keep me in mind the next time you are looking. bookmark my site: www.excelsearch.com or e-mail me at bob@excelsearch.com. from: Bob Langieri - Excel TechnicalExcel Technical - System i5 jobs and Career Tipse-mail to Bob Langieri - Excel Technical

Comment

Hello, I am currently employed by Gateway Inc. as a SR. IT Engineer. Gateway has data centers located in Sioux City SD, and Denver Colorado. I live and work out of my home in Atlanta Georgia and travel when required. I have considered myself fortunate to be able to do this and use my DSL service to get to Gateway's Network via there VPN. The reason I am posting this today is my position is being outsourced and I will be laid off in the next 30 days. These are difficult times for me, but business is business, and I know Gateway is doing what they have to do to become profitable. Unfortunately it looks like the new outsourcer is not interested in any of the existing resources who have the experience with systems and applications. I assume there will be some pain and impact to Gateway's business and customers because of this. I have over 25 years experience doing Technical Support on the IBM 840 and as late as the IBM Series One. I was going to post my resume here but its about 14 pages long, and after seeing some warnings I figured I would just post a message here. If anyone is interested in my Resume that can send a email to "k4kalNOSPAMS@arrl.net" remote the NOSPAMS. Understanding the economy the way it is, and companies needing to reduce overhead, I am not expecting to make the same salary I am making today. I am sure there is a Win-Win that is at a level where I can grow with my new employer, and at the same time they may offer some training for increasing my skills. My strong points are in Automation, Monitoring, BRMS/400, Disaster Recovery, and Problem Solving. In my early years I developed a lot of tools in CL and RPGIII, and I am a former IBMer. Thanks for the opportunity to post this message here on MC and maybe this message will find someone looking for someone just like me. Keith

Comment

Working...
        X