DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements **
    To see if a port is blocked go to GRC.com's Shields up at https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2. "tinoq" wrote in message news:6b349fe0.13@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > How do you check if a port is blocked or not? And how do you unblock > it? Thanks.

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements **
      Hi, I tried to add a link server in SQL 2005 to access iSeries (V5R3) based on the section "OLE DB Provider IBMDASQL" of the article. The following is my T-SQL: EXEC master.dbo.sp_addlinkedserver @server = N'LinkServerName', @srvproduct=N'IBMDASQL', @provider=N'IBMDASQL', @datasrc=N'iSeriesName', @catalog=N'LibraryName' and then I add the security info to the link server. When I run my following select statement Select * From OPENQUERY(LinkServerName, 'select * from LibraryName.FileName') I have following error message: Msg 7302, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Cannot create an instance of OLE DB provider "IBMDASQL" for linked server "LinkServerName". Did I missed anything? Can any one help? Thanks

Comment

Hi, I had the same error and it was because I was running SQL 2005 under a service account I'd created rather than a Local system account. To fix: Expand Component Services - Computers - My Computer - DCOM Config Select MSDAINITIALIZE Right Click properties then security Under Security - Launch Permission: enable Local Launch and Local Activation for your SQL Service account Under Security - Access permissions: Allow System: Local Access and Remote Access. After that everything worked ok

Comment

Multiple Member file in DB2

I have been using the 4 part identifier to get AS400/iSeries data into my data warehouse. My newest challenge is to get the data from a distinct member within the table and I simply can not figure out the syntax.

Select * from AS400.SYSTEMNAME.LIBRARY.FILENAME fails with a fatal error and I am told to disregard my results.

I have tried Select * from AS400.SYSTEMNAME.LIBRARY.FILENAME (MEMBER) and it yells at me about functions. I have tried multiple variations of adding the member name: quotes, no spaces, using the EXEC ('statement') at AS400. I am at loss.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Comment

Need to create an ALIAS - that statement does support a member name to be included.

CREATE ALIAS LIB1.ALIAS1 FOR lib.file(mbr)

Comment

Working...
            X