As400-IFS Root system. Running a Java Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As400-IFS Root system. Running a Java Script

I have an .XLS file sitting in the IFS say in /transfer/ill/csvfiles/Test.xls Have a Java Script in same directory as well that will take the .xls and convert it to the same name but in .CSV format such as Test.csv. Problem is inside the Java script how do I set the path as the path that the script is sitting in? Do not want to use "mapped" drives. The original script says C:\\Test.xls for the from and the to file as C:\\Test.csv. I took out the "C:" of course and tried using /transfer/ill/csvfiles/Test.xls (and .csv on the output file) on both and it says it can't find the input file issued from the Java Script. I am using the STRPCCMD comand on the AS400, the .js runs because it asks me if I want to run it and I reply OK, then it gives me the "file not found error". I have also tried the "\" as well and no luck, any ideas appreciated. .tx of the .js attached 305 872-8706 [file name=ConvertXLS2CSV.txt size=507]https://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/ConvertXLS2CSV.txt[/file] ......Don.

Re:As400-IFS Root system. Running a Java Script

Hello, Rather then use the PC route, and you use Qshell instead? If you can get that to work, you can submit the STRQSH to batch reading a text member.

Comment

Re:As400-IFS Root system. Running a Java Script

I still need to do teh conversion of .XLS to .CSV which is what the .JS is for, how can Qshell help?

Comment

Working...
      X