X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.Nelson
    replied
    TechTip: Maximize ODBC Performance in Microsoft Office

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Maximize ODBC Performance in Microsoft Office **
    Modifying the two options you refer to should not impact the way that the application calls into the ODBC driver. It sounds like you are running into a bug of some sort. If you are not fairly current on iSeries Access service packs, I would suggest upgrading to a newer one. If that doesn't resolve your problem, you might try narrowing down the problem by seeing if turning off one of those options (perhaps compression) makes a difference. Regards, Brent

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Maximize ODBC Performance in Microsoft Office **
    Hi Brent, Your given tip works well with MS SQL 2000 DTS but does not return a single record using the linked server feature in MS SQL. If I uncheck the use blocking with a fetch of 1 row and uncheck the Enable data compression then the linked server works ok. Is there any reason for this? Thanks Shafiq

Leave a comment:

• B.Nelson
    replied

The record blocking size can actually be any value up to 8192 KB in V5R1+. The ODBC setup dialog does limit you to only preset selections with 512K being the largest value on V5R1 and V5R2 iSeries Access. V5R3 has some larger preset selections. In V5R2, there is a tool called cwbodbcreg in the Program FilesIBMClient Access directory that you can used to set higher values for record blocking size. To use the tool, open a DOS command prompt, navigate to the appropriate directory, and type cwbODBCreg My_DSN_Name BlockSizeKB Block_size_value

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

The record blocking size looked like it might help us but I did not have the option to increase it above 512KB in V5R1 or V5R2. Is this an option in V5R3? Thanks, Brent E.

Leave a comment:

• TechTip: Maximize ODBC Performance in Microsoft Office

** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Maximize ODBC Performance in Microsoft Office **
Working...
X