TechTip: Exploit DB2 Web Query's Defined and Computed Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Exploit DB2 Web Query's Defined and Computed Fields

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Exploit DB2 Web Query's Defined and Computed Fields **
    I need to develop a couple defined fields to mimic the following SQL; Vaeddt Between Current_date -14 Days And Current_date +14 Days Vaeedt is a date in *ISO format. I have attempted to create a couple defined fields using the following code; -* DEFINE BEGIN PastBBKS PastBBKS/MDYY = DATEADD (&DATE, 'D', -14); -* DEFINE END PastBBKS -* DEFINE BEGIN FutureBBKS FutureBBKS/MDYY = DATEADD (&DATE, 'D', 14); -* DEFINE END FutureBBKS However, when I include those two fields in the results they show up as; PastBBKS FutureBBKS 12/18/1900 01/14/1901 My selection criteria I created; WHERE [...] AND (MT_RIMVIAPF.MT_RIMVIAPF.VAEDDT GE PastBBKs) AND (MT_RIMVIAPF.MT_RIMVIAPF.VAEDDT LE FutureBBKS); How do I accomplish what I need? I attempted to use the SQL register value of CURRENT_DATE but that did not work either. Thanks, Matt

Re:TechTip: Exploit DB2 Web Query's Defined and Computed Fields

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Exploit DB2 Web Query's Defined and Computed Fields **
    According to the documentation, your &DATE must be in YYMD, MDY, or JUL format? DATEADD: Adding or subtracting a date unit to or from a date You can add or subtract years, months, days, weekdays, or business days from your date. Business days can take a holiday file as input. By default, a business day and a weekday are the same concept. In the following function, the date field must have a format like YYMD, MDY, or JUL. Increment must be an integer. DATEADD(date, ‘Y/M/D/WD/BD’, increment)

Comment

What I mistook in the documentation is that one could use &DATE in a date function, but it seems that is not the case. I got an answer from Gene Cobb and his solution was to code the following (which follows your answer in that I needed a date field to add or subtract to). I thought &DATE was that value but it is not. -* DEFINE BEGIN Today Today/YYMD = '&DATEYYMD'; -* DEFINE END Today -* DEFINE BEGIN twoWeeksAgo twoWeeksAgo/YYMD = DATEADD (Today ,'D',-14); -* DEFINE END twoWeeksAgo -* DEFINE BEGIN twoWeeksFromToday twoWeeksFromToday/YYMD = DATEADD(Today ,'D', 14); -* DEFINE END twoWeeksFromToday END The above gave me what I wanted.

Comment

My client is currently using an older (V4R5) version of Web Focus. I can't help thinking that the installation of QU2 is going to do something nasty to the current WebFocus environment. Is anyone aware of any caveats? Dave

Comment

Thanks for the awesome and interesting info and its been such a useful information.... thanks for sharing........

Comment

Working...
          X