Updates and Journaling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates and Journaling.

I've been doing research on this of most of the morning and the concensous seems to be that if you are attempting to update/insert rows on the 400 via the client access driver from SQl Server 2000 with a linked server setup - then the file being updated MUST be journaled or it throws the following error: OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL7008 - TMFCNTRNEW in TMFDEV not valid for operation.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::InsertRow returned 0x80004005: ]. Is this ture? We has a test setup - a seperate 400, seperate SQL Server 2000, indentical file structures on the 400s, and everything works correctly WITHOUT journaling enabled. However that test sql server has a much older version of the client access driver (CWBODBC.DLL): Ver.6.00.06.00 When we attempt to make our move to our production setup we then begin to get the failed inserts & updates. The only difference between the two that I have found so far is that the Production SQL Server is using Ver. 8.00.00.00 of the client access driver (CWBODBC.DLL). I have a suspision the it is in the Driver. That, at some point between the two versions listed the driver was changed to require journaling for inserts and updates. Can anyone shed any light on this, suggestions are most welcome. TIA, Steven ref: The simple sql we are using to test: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ UNCOMMITTED INSERT OPENQUERY (AS400S20,'SELECT TRIDNO FROM TMFCNTRNEW') VALUES ('4460')

Updates and Journaling.

Steven, The ODBC driver included with Client Access defaults to a commitment control level of *CHG. This will require all database files being updated to be journalled. Set it to *NONE if you wish to perform updates without journalling. (Though I highly recommend journalling your files.) Good luck, Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X