Journal "Before" Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journal "Before" Images

You can do a DSPFD, type journ on the find line, do F16...this will position you to the journal information. Journal images should be *both. Or you can use OpsNav by selecting database, libraries, right-click on the file, then select journaling.... Anybody with correct authority can end journaling & start journaling specifying different record image values.

Journal "Before" Images

We have created a number of journals and associated receivers. Lately, a couple of the journals do not show the before image ("UB"). When they were created, we set the attribute IMAGES to *BOTH in the STRJRNPF command. I've tried to view the setting thru the WRKJRNA, but don't see this particular attribute anywhere. Two questions: 1) can the IMAGES setting change somehow 2) how can you determine after the fact that the journal is set to record both before and after images of record entries? Thanks in advance, Bob Powell

Comment

Journal "Before" Images

Thanks, Hammie! I was zeroing in on the journal itself (in OPSNAV), thinking that it gave all the important info. I didn't know that you could check the receiver status through the journaled file to find the "before images" state. Bob

Comment

Working...
      X