• Show
Clear All

• Where are the triggers??

You may try PRTTRGPGM command

Where are the triggers??

That will work!! Thanks for the help. Diane

Comment

Where are the triggers??

Diane, If you find yourself wondering about the existance of a command try this it works for me. go cmdXXX Replace the XXX with a three letter abbrev that is associated with that topic. example: go cmdtrg This brings up all the trigger commands available. If you didn't know the abbrev. you could use what you're trying to do like print. example go cmdprt This will have the print trigger command and all other print commands in a list. Can WinDoze or Unix do that with command prompting and cursor sensitve help text?????

Comment

Where are the triggers??

To get all command menus on AS400 use GO MAJOR or type ? on commnd line and press ENTER. You may also use general seach: WRKCMD PRT*, WRKCMD DSP* .... etc. This provides listing of all commands starting with your selection.

Comment

Where are the triggers??

We will be upgrading our system from V4R5 to V5R1 this weekend and I want to check our trigger programs before the upgrade. I am looking for a way to find all the trigger programs; I know I can DSPFD on the file, but if I'm not sure of the filename, is there a command that will display any file that has a trigger on it?? Diane

Comment

Where are the triggers??

KCM2 asked: Can WinDoze or Unix do that with command prompting and cursor sensitve help text????? Nahhh, Unix has all of the documentation in the "MAN" pages, which will also give you "buglists". Unix commands cannot differentiate between an argument, and a parameter, so if you type rnm filename -filename You get a file named "-filename", but if you type rnm -filename filename You get an error, becuase Unix thinks the -f (in -filename) is a parameter. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X