FTP directly to iSeries IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP directly to iSeries IFS

I think you will have to perform several "CD" FTP commands before you do the put. that is if your PUT statement above represents the actual put command.

I just tryed it from a FTP command prompt (win/NT) on my Pc. when I connect to my iSeries server, I am positioned to the QSYS file system. I did a cd /, then a cd qdls, then a dir (to make sure I was in the QDLS file system). Now I am sure you will have to put the "cd" ftp commands before the put, then the put will be PUT pcfile.xxx file.ext GOOD LUCK!

Comment

I have tried that but I got an error: heres what I got. ftp>cd qdls 550-specified library does not exists or cannot be accessed.>>>>>>>>> 550 current library not changed. Thanks for your response. Sky

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more specfic: Once you are logged on(in the FTP script) perform these cd commands: cd / (This will move you from the qsys.lib file system to the Root file system. cd qdls(This will move you to the qdls file system. QDLS and QSYS.LIB reside at the same level in the file system structure. Perform any additional cd commands to move you futher "down" into the QDLS file system THEN perform the PUT command I did this step by step from a dos command prompt and it works. hth.

Comment

You forgot the backslash: cd /qdls Chris

Comment

Chris, "/" is not required IF you are running FTP on an NT/Workstation machine, at least from a DOS prompt. It may be with other flavors of Windows.

Comment

I was wondering if somebody has done FTP from PC to iSeries IFS. I was trying to FTP my PC file to IFS but I am getting error "object name too long, limit is 10 character. put PCFile.xxx '/qdls/folder/file.ext' Thanks for your help. Sky

Comment

I guess it's required if you are using "namefmt 1" quote site namefmt 1 Chris

Comment

Working...
                X