Maximum Size of Journal Receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Size of Journal Receiver?

Anyone know what the max size of a journal receiver is (in MB, GB, or whatever)? I created one using the threshold parameter of *NONE but a program stopped as the receiver couldn't allocate space for a journal entry. In reading the IBM info, when you use this value (*NONE) the receiver size continues to build until you detach it or it reaches the maximum size of a journal receiver. However, I can't find any reference that states what the actual physical max size is.

Maximum Size of Journal Receiver?

I found the following information under help for RCVSIZOPT parm on the CRTJRN command: *MAXOPT1 If this is specified for the journal, the journal receiver attached to that journal can have a maximum receiver size of approximately one terabyte (1,099,511,627,776 bytes) and a maximum sequence number of 9,999,999,999. These journal receivers cannot be saved and restored to any releases prior to V4R5M0 nor can they be replicated to any remote journals on any systems at releases prior to V4R5M0. This is from our V4R5 system, you may want to look for yourself if your system is at a different release level. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

Working...
    X