Duplicate triggers in V5R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate triggers in V5R1

I think we need a full-panel "WRKPFTRG" utility from IBM to help us manage this stuff better.

I've written a trigger tracking application, if anyone is interested in it. My little application has some of the following features:
      [*]It prevents the duplicate trigger situation described above. It assigns unique names to each trigger. By using a particular combination of command keywords (the documentation gets into that), it will clean up duplicate triggers.[*]It can assign a trigger to all times and/or events with one command, instead of a number of individual commands.[*]It can deactivate a trigger without removing it.[*]It can browse the source for a trigger (including CREATE TRIGGER SQL statements.[*]It can generate a model source member for a trigger program in RPG or COBOL.[*]It can change trigger options without you having to remove and re-add it.[*]and other stuff

Comment

I stumbled on this by accident while adding some triggers to our databases right after we upgraded to V5R1 this past weekend. Apparently you can add the same trigger many many times to the same file. I added a (event)*Update (time)*Before trigger 10 times to the same file. When I did an update to the file, it actually fired 10 times and called the same program 10 times. I thought that prior to V5R1, we would have received a CPF message or something to warn that the trigger was already there. Jim Quinlan Clearwater, Fl

Comment

Having quickly perused the doco, your utility looks pretty neat. I'd be interested in the app as I can see that it will come in handy. Regards

Comment

Working...
        X