AS/400 To Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 To Excel

Create a comma separated file with extension .csv and e-mail that, it will open in Excel. If the data can exist in a database file then you can run CPYTOIMPF to create the .csv file. We have some programs that create the .csv on the fly and are working on a utility to automatically convert spool files. To automatically convert a spool file will require a template defining what columns on the report correspond to the Excel columns and what lines to discard so headers on multiple pages don't show up in the middle of the data. Scott Mildenberger

AS/400 To Excel

Eric! We invite you to evaluate our native running solution[*]* iExcelGen ** It allows you to easy create real Excel sheets (.XLS, not .csv!) and sends as eMail to your customer all in one command! Please go to http://www.goering.de Kind regards Andreas Goering GOERING iSeries Solutions

Comment

AS/400 To Excel

andreas Not sure what's on your site, but our company has denied access to it based on it's content.

Comment

AS/400 To Excel

David, many thanks for your information! Please try this link instead: http://www.goering.de/eng/uebers.html Do you have a chance to find out why it is blocked? I asure you we have not any sex & crime links there. Maybe it is about the name "GOERING" itselfs.... There was an guy "Hermann Goering" -dead before 50 years- which was one of Hitler's men.... I and my hole family have nothing to do with this extremist in the germans 1930's / 1940's. Only the name is exactly the same.... You may also reach me at andi_goering@yahoo.de . Or try our to contact our office in Atlanta, Randy Shaw will respond at rshaw@goering.us instantly! Many thanks! Andreas Goering

Comment

AS/400 To Excel

We have a customer that wants to get their statements in Excel format. All we do now is print them or email them in PDF format. Anyone have an automated way to get the data into an Excel spreadsheet format? Or even the steps needed for this? I know how to do this manually by creating a file and grabbing external data from withing Excel, but we need to a way to automate this. Thanks in advance. Eric Hill hille@wlv.com

Comment

AS/400 To Excel

andreas No luck on that one either. I'll go to it this weekend from home on my PC. I'm sure the site is OK, I can't go to Amazon.com or check my sons soccer scores (which I'm the webmaster) either. I'm not sure what they are blocking (we are in Canada, the server is in the US). I see people going to sites and playing games during the day (The number one reason users want a PC ? maybe another topic), so who knows what reasoning they have behind it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X