FTP Get file is to big for the AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Get file is to big for the AS/400

How big is this file, and where is it going, the IFS or QSYS? The hard limit on the IFS is 4GB; after that, there is really no way to create the file on the AS/400. I tried every way imaginable to create a file greater than 4GB (FTP, concatenate with CAT, decompress using JAR), and it just didn't work. I had to reduce the size of the file. Joe

Joe, I found the solution. The PC file is 39,615 bytes and I was letting the GET create the file on the iSeries {Get fromfile}. The solution is to create a PF on the iSeries with a record length of 32766, the maximum allowed and run the GET with a file name. {Get fromfile tofile (replace }. This not only brought in the data but wrapped it at 32767 and started another record without truncating data.

Comment

Ahhh... the calculated record length was too long. Gotcha. Good catch!

Comment

I tried FTP from my PC to iSeries and it works fine, but when I tried to FTP from iSeries to PC I got this message when I typed in my password " 421 Your IP address is not welcome here. Goodbye"

Comment

Currently I am running V4R5. I am trying to "Get" a file via FTP from a server to the AS/400 but it will not copy the file because the original file is to big. This file, when the server recieves it, can be any size and it contains no CR or LF.

Comment

Verify that you are using a valid user on the pc and remember that the PC is case sensitive.

Comment

Working...
            X