Syntax question for QPNQRYF command in CLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax question for QPNQRYF command in CLP

Try this: OPNQRYF FILE((APPINVE)) QRYSLT('DIV = %VALUES("35" "46") *and DSBDAT = %RANGE(' *tcat &RANGE1 *tcat ' ' *tcat &RANGE2 *tcat ') *and MODIFY *EQ "P"') KEYFLD((DIV) (VEND#) (DSBDAT))

I thank you for your help but it is still not working. It won't even compile now. Here is the compile listing. OVRDBF FILE(APPINVE) SHARE(*YES) OPNQRYF FILE((APPINVE)) QRYSLT('DIV = %VALUES("35" + "46") *and DSBDAT = %RANGE(' *TCAT + &RANGE1 *TCAT ' ' *TCAT &RANGE2 *TCAT ') + *and MODIFY *EQ "P"') KEYFLD((DIV) + (VEND#) (DSBDAT))[*] CPD0712 30 Operand does not have valid type for operator.[*] CPD0711 30 Operands in expression not same type.[*] CPD0712 30 Operand does not have valid type for operator.[*] CPD0711 30 Operands in expression not same type.

Comment

Are &range1 and &range2 character variables? Within the QRYSLT parenthese, you are in essence building a string. What I usually do is create a variable called &qryslt type *char length 200. (can be any length needed). I will include some sample code that I have in producation. In the code &bdate &
      Code

Comment

Two ways to debug CL statements:
        1. Insert a DMPCLPGM command into the program.
        2. Run the program in batch logging all CL commands, and specifying *SECLVL for the log detail.
        Dave

Comment

You may try date range as: OPNQRYF FILE((IPPINVE)) QRYSLT('(.... *AND DSBDAT *EQ %RANGE("' *CAT &Range1 *CAT '"' *BCAT '"' *CAT &Range2 *CAT '")*AND......)') Note that Range1, 2 are character values. If DSBDAT is numeric, you need use MAPFLD option to convert it to character value.

Comment

here is what I need. DIV = 35 or 46 both are 2 position character strings DSBDAT = Range (&Range1 &Range2) DSBDAT is numeric in the file I am querying but the variables that I am building the string can be character to make it easier to build the string. So &Range1 and &Range2 will be 8 position Character The a field MODIFY = "P" a one position Character code So however the statement needs to be written DIV = %Values("35" "46") and DSBDAT = %Range(&Range1 &Range2) and MODIFY = "P" I have a open queryfile book and have also tried to create the QRYSLT statment as previously described but because of the the complication because of the use of values and range I can't get the syntax correct. And I can't find an example of this. I find examples of the individual selection criteria but not this peticular one. Sorry to be such a bother, but I am trying to do the research to get it correct and also trying different interperetations of the examples I am looking at to try to get it to work. Thanks for everyones help and hopefully by restating this, my specific example might be able to be recreated correctly. Thanks

Comment

Try this: notice using the *bcat in one place. The *tcat strips the middle space between the ranges. Also ensure you are using "*and" not just "and" Hope this helps.
              Code

Comment

Testing it now. It looks like it is running and no job log this time. I will determine if it needs tweaked. I will then apply what I have learned in the future. Thank you very much. Happy holidays.

Comment

I am trying to insert a date parameter in a QPNQRYF statement in CLP and am getting an error "Argument on QRYSLT parameter starts with &." Here is the statement. OPNQRYF FILE((APPINVE)) QRYSLT('DIV = %VALUES("35" "46") *and DSBDAT = %RANGE(&RANGE1 &RANGE2) *and MODIFY *EQ "P"') KEYFLD((DIV) (VEND#) (DSBDAT)) The &RANGE1 and &RANGE2 are date variables brought into the program. If I just hardcode the date range it works but I need the variables. Can anyone help with the syntax. Thanks

Comment

I too have had lots of trouble with qryslt paramters. I still do, even after having read 2 books about it. It seems your error is using alpha fields to select a numeric range. This has just happened to me. I have just recently gotten a query working with range. The selection field is numeric, the 2 range fields alpha. It has to do with the number of quotes surrounding the range fields. If it resolves to : field *eq %range("11111" "22222") then you will get an error. It must resolve to field *eq %range(11111 22222). check how you many quotes you use. My code show below works for me. ---Dale
                    Code

Comment

Working...
                    X