Embedded commas and decimals in numeric data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedded commas and decimals in numeric data

If anything will do it then it would be CPYFRMIMPF. Did you try it going to a database file that had all the fields defined correctly, i.e., the numbers going to numeric fields? Scott Mildenberger

I'm in the middle of a data conversion. We're receiving a bunch of files (close to 100) averaging 10,000 to 100,000 records in each file. The files are in EXCEL format. We don't have excel, and buying it isn't something the big bosses are willing to do. My question is, what is the best method to use to get this data to the 400. I've tried bringing a file up into quattro pro, then saving it as a CSV. Then I've played with cpyfrmpcd and cpyfrmstmf and cpyfrmimpf. I've also tried saving it as a TXT, and also QPW. Using TXT and CSV, I'm able to get the data to the 400 hundred, but it drags along the commas periods and negative signs. Is there a way to upload the data without all the garbage? If possible, I'd like to avoid the tediousness of cleaning up the data via RPG. Thanks for any help

Comment

I had been trying to pull it into a flat file.

Comment

Working...
      X