ODBC, SQL, and Packed Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODBC, SQL, and Packed Fields

A few common things to look for would be: If you're updating with a SQL Statement, check for a stray single quote(s). A numeric shouldn't be quoted. If it's a negative number, it should have a leading sign.... -100 not 100- Make sure you're pointing to the right Library... The File might exist in more than 1 place with different attributes. If you're updating through an ADO Recordset and referring to a column by it's number in the Collection rather than by it's name, double-check to make sure it's the right Column. If it's none of these things then it would be helpful to see a layout (DDS or DSPFFD) of the File and the SQL Statement you're using for the Update. If you're updating through an ADO Recordset, then the SQL that creates the Recordset as well. If you're creating these SQL Statements dynamically, then capture them in Debug or write them out to your Web Page and copy them if needed so we can take a look.

I am working in VBScript and when attempting to update a packed field, I get the following error. "SQL0408 - Value_for_column_or_variable_FLD1_not_compatible" Any thoughts? Do I have a data type error in my script?

Comment

Mike, it was embarrasingly the quotes. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X