Help. Converting IBM 4690 TLOG to AS/400 Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. Converting IBM 4690 TLOG to AS/400 Database

Do you have a receiving file defined on the AS400? I may be missing something here, but once you do it should be possible to use the File Transfer program in iSeries access. Dave

IBM 4690 EAMIMOVE.DAT Record Layout (Length 23) Store Record Type Length Decimal Offset Item Code PD 7 0 PD = Packed Decimal Date Time PD 5 7 Reserved ASCII 11 12 Movement Record Item Code PD 7 0 Sales Count Int 4 7 int = Integer Sales Amount Int 4 11 Weight Int 4 15 Restart Int 4 19 DDS: REC1 A ITEM1 14P 0 TEXT('ITEM NUMBER') 14P OR 13P?? A DATE 10P 0 TEXT('DATE TIME') 10P OR 9P?? A RESERVE 11 TEXT('RESERVED') REC2 A ITEM 14P 0 TEXT('ITEM NUMBER') 14P OR 13P?? A SALECNT 4S 0 TEXT('SALECNT') A SALEAMT 4S 0 TEXT('SALEAMT') A WEIGHT 4S 0 TEXT('WEIGHT') A RESTART 4S 0 TEXT('RESTART') First I FTP'd the file from 4690 to AS/400 and then I used CPYFRMIMPF which did not work. Something missing here.

Comment

Try using the file transfer facility available with iSeries access. Dave

Comment

Dave, Could you be more specific please. Is it FTP or something else? Thanks. Try using the file transfer facility available with iSeries access.

Comment

This is not FTP. Client Access or iSeries Access comes with a comprehensive interactive file transfer program. The program may be accessed by clicking the appropriate icon in the iSeries Access folder, or by clicking either the "From" or "To" icons shown by default within 5250 emulation. Once a transfer is set up, the transfer may then be activated in batch mode. Dave

Comment

On the one hand, POS TLOG format files and the backoffice .DAT files are certainly FTP'd to the /400 for processing. On the other hand, AFAIR, they don't just FTP right into separate fields of a file! I'm pretty certain that the ASCII Packed Decimal of the POS files has nothing to do with the EBCDIC packed decimal field format of DB2/400, as if it's the same format but different coding. In other words, the IBM POS files would be FTP'd to any operating system and processed to any database, would it not? It has nothing to do with the iseries400 or DB2/400. Where I used to work we processed these TLOG files for 1600 or so stores, but whatever time I spent on the upload processing programs was the monster that handled the POS TLOG files. The .DAT processing programs were small and simple and didn't need any changes, so I don't recall anything about the .DAT format processing. rd

Comment

I would like to upload IBM 4690 POS certain files such as EAMIMOVE.DAT, EAMEXCPT.DAT to AS/400 Database. IBM 4690 files are in binary and fields are in ASCII, Packed Decimal format. How can I convert it using RPG or API? Please Help. Thanks.

Comment

The IBM 4690 POS files are an animal all there own. You'll make yourself crazy trying to use client access to convert. After ftp'ing the files to the 400, we use an IBM product called the IBM POS Communications Utility 5769-CF1 to convert POS files using conversion templates supplied by the tool or you can develop your own templates. Unfortunately, this product is no longer supported by IBM, but I'm told they have a replacement product called Retail Application Interface Suite (RAIS) that you could check into.

Comment

Working...
                X