Seeing DSPDBR info in iSeries Navigator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing DSPDBR info in iSeries Navigator

When I do this, I see the entire list in Navigator. I am using iSeries Access V5R2 with service pack SI09809. What are you using? Are you connecting to Navigator with a USRPRF that doesn't have authority to some of these indexes???

Sounds to me like a security issue. Dave

Comment

I'm at V5R2 as well, and there's nothing listed in indexes even with the highest authority sign-on. Trevor

Comment

In Ops Nav, when it says "index", it is being very specific. A logical file is not necessarily an index. A DDS-created LF shows up as a "view". An index is created thru SQL. Ops Nav Properties only shows the latter; DSPDBR shows both. DSPFD on an index shows an "SQL file type" of "INDEX"; on an LF, that property doesn't even appear. I suppose if you created a view thru SQL, the SQL file type would appear, and it would be "VIEW".

Comment

If you want to see more information about DB relations beyond what DSPDBR shows, check out jDBR from Shane Software. You can download a trial version at www.shanesoftware.com Randy A.

Comment

When I right-mouse-click on a file listed in Navigator, I can see its Properties. One of the tabs is for Indexes. Why am I only seeing a short list? When I do a DSPDBR on the system, I see the entire list? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Comment

Check QSYS2/SYSINDEXES file.

Comment

Working...
              X